PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN 2012….
Texas Rep. Ron Paul announced on ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Friday that he will seek the Republican nomination for president in 2012.
- Tea party godfather Ron Paul running for president: Texas Rep. Ron Paul announced today that he will run for the GOP nomination for president in 2012, the third attempt for the man known on Capitol Hill as “Dr. No” for his enthusiasm for bashing runaway spending and government overreach…. – AP, 5-13-11
- Ron Paul enters the race: Texas Rep. Ron Paul announced Friday that he will run for the GOP nomination for president in 2012, the third attempt for the man known on Capitol Hill as “Dr. No.”… – WaPo, 5-13-11
- Rep. Paul Launches 2012 Bid, Hopes Third Time’s the Charm (The Morning Line): Rep. Ron Paul made it official Friday, becoming the second full-fledged presidential candidate in the GOP’s 2012 field, coming on the heels of former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s move Wednesday…. – PBS Newshour, 5-13-11
- Does the Tea Party Make Ron Paul Mainstream?: Ron Paul was Tea Party before Tea Party was cool. A candidate of the fringe and the Libertarian college-age set in 2008, the 75-year-old representative from Texas announced his second run for the Republican nomination for president during an interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Friday.
But if Mr. Paul remains the same, blunt-spoken, small-government rabble-rouser that he was four years ago, he and his top aides are betting that the times — and the Republican primary electorate — have changed in the interim.
“Time has come around to where the people are agreeing with much of what I’ve been saying for 30 years,” Mr. Paul said on ABC. “The time is right.” – NYT, 5-13-11
- Ron Paul announces 2012 Presidential run. Ten things to know about him: Ron Paul is hoping the third time’s the charm. The Texas congressman declared his (third) candidacy for president Friday on ‘Good Morning America.’ The ‘intellectual grandfather’ of the tea party movement is a constitutional purist who’s as popular among his fervent followers as he is disliked by the GOP establishment. He’s a dark horse pushing for an upset victory….. CS Monitor, 5-13-11