POLITICAL SPEECHES & DOCUMENTS
OBAMA PRESIDENCY & THE 112TH CONGRESS:
President’s 2011 Asia Pacific Trip
Source: WH, 11-11
- November 11th: President Obama attends the Carrier Classic in honor of Veterans Day.
- November 12th: President Obama speaks before the first session of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation Summit.
- November 13th: President Obama makes remarks and takes questions about progress made at the APEC summit.
- November 16th: President Obama meets with Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
- November 17th: President Obama gives an address before the Australian Parliament.
- November 17th: President Obama speaks to Australian troops and U.S. Marines.
- November 18th: President Obama attends the East Asia Summit in Indonesia.
- November 19th: President Obama returns to the United States.
POLITICAL QUOTES & SPEECHES
November 19, 2011 at 5:30 AM EST
From Indonesia, President Obama talks about his administration’s work opening up markets to support thousands of American jobs and keep us on track to double American exports by 2014.
November 18, 2011 at 6:33 PM EST
In Indonesia, President Obama was able to announce business deals with countries in the Pacific that will help support 127,000 American jobs.
November 18, 2011 at 5:39 PM EST
Trade with nations in the Asia Pacific region has grown by 150 percent since 1994.
November 18, 2011 at 12:00 AM EST
We’ll be back next week with a special edition of West Wing Week, but for now, check out a few clips from the road.
November 17, 2011 at 1:05 PM EST
The President discussed America’s future and what that means for the Pacific.
November 16, 2011 at 3:01 PM EST
When President Obama met with Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard on Wednesday, they announced plans for the first sustained American military presence in Australia.
November 15, 2011 at 7:15 PM EST
When President Obama touches down in Australia, he’ll arrive with two major goals: strengthening our relationships and promoting security in the Pacific.
November 14, 2011 at 4:17 PM EST
This weekend, First Lady Michelle Obama joined the President in Hawaii to help host the conference of Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation leaders.