CAMPAIGN BUZZ 2012
IN FOCUS: ROMNEY CAMPAIGN RAISES 16.8 MILLION MORE THAN THE OBAMA CAMPAIGN — $76.8 MILLION TO 60 MILLION
Romney Campaign Outraises Obama by $16.8 Million in May:
Source: ABC News Radio, 6-7-12
For the first time this year, Mitt Romney’s campaign has bested President Obama’s re-election effort in a one-month fundraising period.
The Romney campaign, along with the Republican National Committee and a joint fundraising committee set up between the two entities called Romney Victory, raised $76.8 million last month, the campaign announced on Thursday. The campaign and the RNC also reported ending the month with $107 million cash on hand.
That massive haul tops what the Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee raised in May by more than $16 million, according to their figures announced Thursday morning.
“It is clear that people aren’t willing to buy into ‘hope & change’ again,” Romney’s national finance chairman, Spencer Zwick, said in a statement. “Voters are making an investment because they believe that it will benefit the country.”… – READ MORE
- Romney Raised More Than Obama in May: Mitt Romney raised nearly $17 million more than President Obama as the Republican challenger’s campaign was able to link up with the party’s fund-raising operation…. – NYT, 6-7-12
- Obama campaign, Democrats raise $60m in May: President Barack Obama and his party together raised $60 million last month, his campaign reported Thursday. Obama was mixing more fundraising with official business Thursday as he wrapped up a two-day West Coast trip, beginning his day…. – BusinessWeek, 6-7-12
- Romney tops Obama’s May fundraising: Mitt Romney outraised President Barack Obama in May, the first time the Republican presidential challenger has jumped ahead of Obama and his prodigious fundraising apparatus. The numbers illustrate how Romney and the Republican…. – AP, Herald Times Reporter. 6-7-12
- Romney, RNC raise more cash than Democrats in May: Mitt Romney and the Republican National Committee raised a combined $76.8 million last month, outpacing President Obama and his Democratic allies. The presumptive GOP presidential nominee and the RNC said they have $107…. – USA Today, 6-7-12
- Romney raises $76 million to Obama’s $60 million: This is the first time the Republican candidate has beaten his opponent in fundraising…. – CS Monitor, 6-7-12